12 February 2009

There once was a blog from Nantucket

A place, I might add, I ALMOST went to once. When I was young. I would have really enjoyed being able to say "I've been to Nantucket!" HUZZAH!

So I hope everyone out in the real world is having a swell time. As for me? I'm in reading break mode already, having finished my last classes today. 10 DAYS OF GLORY! Or just being busy. Here's the rundown:

Tomorrow: Rocking J-Bizzle's birthday
Saturday: Back to Toronto (which means seeing the FAMBLY!) also seeing Mrs. Snazzy Snaz, perhaps?
Sunday: Bread and Cheese!!!
Monday: Possibly the first ever Ermel-Feilchenfeld bake-off!!!!!!
Tuesday: Presumably seeing le friends
Wednesday: Allergist appointment! Massage appointment!
Thursday: Leaf's Game (should I be excited? YES!)
Friday: Reading...unlikely
Saturday: Fight some crime
Sunday: Back home!

Am I excited? Yes! Is it going to be awesome? Yes.
Did I get sick with all this happening? Of course.
Yea, I caught a cold. NOT TOO PLEASED. But also not surprised. This always happens.
Worst part though, after Saturday, I can't take ANY cold medicine until after my Allergist appointment. LAMENESS.

Anyway, it's late. And I'm of the sleepy.
As a new addition to my blog, I'll be posting snippets of my new writing.
Here's the first portion of a new short story, entitled "dark was the night" Stay frosty!

Glancing over and under. He flew through a night sky shocked by his appearance. Arriving, his mitts on the stove. Drying off.
She walked over to him. Embraced him. It was cold.
Any luck? she asked.
No. Another wasted flight. Cold, rainy night, he said.
He sat and looked at the cabin. Dark was the night, he said.
He paced, out the window he looked once or twice. Nothing.
Nothing, he said. Nowhere.
Don’t be so cross, she said.
They looked at each other a long time. His mitts were beginning to burn.
I’ll go out again, he said. And he leapt, and was gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. i love the
reading: unlikely
and the fighting crime.

enjoy your break!!

Grey Eyed Girl said...

reading week is NOT for reading.